“A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals"
Recovery Room Dogs
Forever Foster Dogs
Happy Tails Dogs
Recovery Room Cats
Forever Foster Cats
Happy Tails Cats
Dog Spay/Neuter Info
Dog Foster Application
Cat Foster Application
Mission & Board
Cat Adoption Contract
Suite | Unit or Appartment
This page consists of a set of legal statements concerning the adoption of this pet. ANY ADDITIONS OR CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PORTION BELOW WILL INVALIDATE THE CONTRACT. By initialing each statement I am acknowledging and agreeing to each statement as outlined below. Proverbs 12:10 is truly a no kill rescue and makes a lifelong commitment to each pet that we place. We are determined that NONE of our animals EVER ends up being abandoned or in a shelter. In order to honor this commitment, this adoption application, once accepted and signed by both the adopter and Proverbs 12:10 shall be considered a binding contract between the adopter and Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue. Breach of this contract will result in the adoption becoming null and void and the pet will be returned to Proverbs 12:10 for rehoming. Further legal action may be pursued should it be deemed appropriate by Proverbs 12:10. Please read this document carefully, and check each statement indicating you understand and agree to this commitment. As an adoptive or foster parent for Proverbs:12:10 Animal Rescue, I agree to:
Cat Adoption Contract
Cat Adoption Contract
Terms & Conditions
1. for all intents and purposes to give this pet a “forever” “safe” and “loving” home. I agree NOT to SELL, GIVE AWAY, FORFEIT TO A SHELTER, ABANDON, LIST ON CRAIG’S LIST (OR SIMILAR MEDIA), OR TO USE THIS ANIMAL FOR EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES, ALLOW HIM/HER TO ENGAGE IN DOG FIGHTING OR PURSUE ANY GUARD DOG or ATTACK DOG TRAINING NOW OR AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE. IF I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO CARE FOR THIS ANIMAL FOR ANY REASON, THE ANIMAL WILL BE RETURNED TO PROVERBS 12:10 TO BE REHOMED. I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COST INVOLVED IN RETURNING THE ANIMAL TO PROVERBS 12:10 AND UNDERSTAND THERE IS NO REFUND OF THE ADOPTION FEE. (THE SPAY/NEUTER DEPOSIT WILL BE RETURNED IF THE PET IS UNDER THE AGE OF 6 MOS. OR WAS SPAYED/NEUTERED BY THE AGE OF 6 MOS) FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS CONDITION OF ADOPTION WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AND ADDITIONAL FEES OF UP TO $500 TO COVER THE COST OF RECOVERY AND OTHER EXPENSES INCURRED TO REHOME THE ANIMAL WILL BE SOUGHT.
2. I understand if it is determined this pet has not been spayed or neutered because it is too young, I will have him/her spayed or neutered before he/she reaches six months of age. Any adult should be spayed or neutered prior to adoption unless otherwise stated. I understand I am responsible for the COST of this procedure. I understand A SPAY/NEUTER DEPOSIT in the amount of the adoption fee, either by check and/or cash will be provided to Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue at the time of adoption for all pets that have not been spayed/ neutered prior to adoption. This deposit is in addition to the adoption fee and will be held un-cashed until such time adequate documentation is provided showing that the animal has been spayed/neutered. Once this documentation has been received, the deposit will be returned, un-cashed to the adopter. If this documentation is not received within 30 days of the animal reaching 6 mos of age, the check WILL be cashed and I will be in violation of this agreement and the adoption will become null and void.
3. SHOULD THIS BE A FOSTER TO ADOPT – I understand a deposit in the amount of the adoption fee during the one-week foster period is required. The deposit will remain un-cashed until our agreement is finalized. However, should the pet not be returned or the adoption finalized following this foster period the check will be cashed. We shall make every attempt to contact/ locate you prior to cashing the check, however failure to respond to our calls and/or e-mails will violate this contract and may result in legal action.
4. to provide proper and adequate food, water, housing, exercise and grooming for this pet and to treat him/ her humanely at all times – (adequate housing is defined as living inside your home, never to be tied or left outside, especially during inclement (ie: above 82degrees or below 32 degrees) or stormy weather).
5. to provide veterinary care in the form of vaccinations, preventative heartworm medications, flea/tick preventative as appropriate, and such veterinary care as is necessary to prevent and/or treat accidents and illnesses. Costs may be from $100 up to $2000.00.
6. my pet will NOT be declawed
7. my place of residence in a home, apartment, condo, townhouse, public housing complex or other housing complex allows for ownership and occupancy of the pet I am adopting and the pet will live in my residence.
8. I have been informed that all animals can carry and transmit diseases, some of which affect people including bacteria, viruses, parasites and ringworm ant that these diseases may be undetectable in what appears to be a healthy animal at the time of adoption
9. I am aware that pets may exhibit normal but potentially undesirable behaviors including, but not limited to aggression, house soiling, biting, scratching (people, furniture and woodwork), barking, digging, mounting people’s legs, marking with urine (dogs) and spraying urine (cats), and that these normal behavior patterns may be difficult to manage. No one at this rescue has told me that this pet WILL NOT engage in any of these behavior patterns. I also acknowledge that I will seek training and/or advise regarding any of the above behaviors should they be necessary
10. Proverbs 12:210 Animal Rescue is in NO WAY RESPONSIBLE for any damage the animal may inflict on another person, my property, or the property of another, and no attempt will be made by me to hold Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue responsible.
11. I am aware that, depending on the size, species, and/or breed, costs to feed, house, train, license and provide health care insurance and/or veterinary care for a pet average between $500 and $1500 per year. I am financially able to meet and will pay these expenses for my adopted pet.
12. I accept the animal as it is at the time of adoption and understand that Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue IS NOT responsible for any medical conditions not READILY detected prior to or at the time of this adoption or discovered after such adoption. I release Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue from all liability relating to unknown medical issues, temperament, or training of the pet being adopted.
13. I agree that due to the nature of Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue being a rescue taking in unwanted animals, the rescue does not always know the exact breed of a dog or the parentage. Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue has not guaranteed size or temperament of animal as this is not possible. The rescue can only give you information regarding what we know factually and/ or have acknowledged while in our care
14. I acknowledge a Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue representative may make unannounced or unscheduled home visit(s) before, during or after the adoption process to assure the pet’s well being. If it is deemed the pet is not being well cared for or the adoption contract has been broken, Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue representative may enter my property and take possession of the pet.
15. I have read this agreement and release Proverbs 12:10 Animal Rescue from any presents or future liability associated with my adoption of this pet.: I HAVE READ THE ABOVE STATEMENTS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND HAVE INDICATED MY AGREEMENT TO EACH. I UNDERSTAND THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS INVOLVED AND THAT FAILURE TO KEEP THIS CONTRACT MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AND I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LEGAL FEES AND COURT COSTS INCURRED BY PROVERBS 12:10 ANIMAL RESCUE.
By acknowledging all, I agree to return the pet to Proverbs 12:10 and Proverbs 12:10 only should I decide the pet is not the right fit for me and my family or does not work out.
Date of Submission
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Please sign up for our newsletter to get updates on our animals and upcoming events!
Lavonne Redferrin's Story
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.